我的快樂 會回來的

1/21/2008

Raglan 2008

Richard and I went to Raglan on Saturday. We didn't take any pictures, but it was one of the happiest day of my life. We drove there with umbrella and half tent that I got from my work. I made a sandcastle, we had chips and the sand got into the sour cream and chives dip. The bread was delicious, we lazed around in the tent, napping under the afternoon sun. I love Raglan!
This is the first time that I've been to the beach with Richard. He said that his childhood memory of the beach is that he's always happy there, probably running around by the water and swimming, building sandcastles, and having lots of fun with his sisters. I miss the times that I had on the beaches in Taiwan, with dad's friends' kids, digging the dark sand and making sandcastles, and later, I would dip my legs into the waves and enjoy the cool water in the hot summers. I remember those days vividly, and no wonder everybody loves the beach.
I have nice jandals now, a brown pair with little white flowers. I also have a nice bikini with candy decorations. I have a nice pink beach bag with Hawaii pattern. I have a sarong from Thailand with elephants and looks very elegant and green. I have a nice tablecloth to sit on. I have my sunscreen to protect me from the sun. I wonder whether mum and dad remember the days when they were going out and hanging out on the beach or not, but from the stories that I've heard, they never mentioned a beach somewhere. They camped in lots of places, and went tramping together. I should ask dad whether they went to the beach or not. Mum doesn't know how to swim, so I guess it's a bit too much for her to swim in the ocean, but dad is a good swimmer.
I will go back to the beach and the swimming pool this summer. Just feel a bit cold at the moment because I am a bit weak. I will be right soon.

No comments: