我的快樂 會回來的

1/22/2008

Goodbye, Sir Ed

(Curtesy to Scholastic)
Goodbye, Sir Ed,
I have been a New Zealander for twelve years now, and you are a hero who is respected by people in the world. You have conquered Everest, and also helped people who lives in Nepal a lot. I wish that people can continue your work.
Heroes are often unknown to the world, you are one of the exception. You have worked hard on climbing up the mountain, and also exploring the South Pole. I feel proud that you are from New Zealand, and we can all learn from you. You persevered in extremely difficult conditions, and never gave up. I think I have to keep that in mind when I am doing my scientific experiments and research.
You came to accept the Honourable Doctor of Philosophy when I got my Masters degree. I had the privilege to stand up on the stage to accept the degree with you at the same time. I was so happy! I worked very hard when I was doing the experiments and writing my thesis. I almost gave up, but I didn't. I am so glad that I completed my study.
You have had a great life on Earth, and I hope that we will do you proud, too. We will do what other people can't do here in New Zealand. One thing in particular, New Zealand is a green country that had signed the Kyoto Protocol. We can reduce our carbon emissions and help the world to combat global warming and climate change. We can all contribute to keep the environment as it is for the future generations. There will still be a snowcapped Mt. Everest to climb in the future if we work hard on this. I also think that New Zealander believes in helping the others and social justices. We will continue our effort to assist people in need all over the world, and one day that our world will be a paradise for everyone, big and small, young and old.
Goodbye, Sir Ed, we will miss you.

No comments: