我的快樂 會回來的

1/30/2008

In future we trust

It's Fuzzy's off day today so she's going to meet her friend, coming back from Australia. Richard and I made plans for the future yesterday. I think he's not very confident about learning enough Chinese. I guess when you are doing something new and unfamiliar, you can't predict when you will be proficient in the new skill bcause that's the unknown. We also talked about investment and our family goals. I hope that we will be able to make more passive income.
My experiment didn't work yesterday so my supervisor will talk with me today to discuss what to do next. I may be repeating the last few steps in order to get a better DNA product. I received new restriction enzymes today, but I haven't got one of them delivered to me so I am still waiting for that. I have to tidy up the cold room today, too.
Weather is great again, we haven't had any rain for a while now. Our garden is quite dry and all the plants need watering. South Island farmers are facing draught problem and are drying off their stock for now. They are waiting for rain to come down from heaven so their livestock will be able to eat grass and grow again.
Helen Clark is going to give a speech about her policy for this year. It is 2008 and election year so both parties will rustle up some interesting policies for us to see, whether they do them or not is a whole other matter. Labour has been quite good, though. I am not sure about John Key yet.
I have started to write a bit more about The Plague. I will try to write some more when I have time.

2 comments:

Theodotus said...

"I think he's not very confident about learning enough Chinese."

Its not that I'm not confident, its that I'm trying to be careful to take steps to learn what is going to be most beneficial, and I'm not going to pretend that I can learn it over night. I'm giving myself reasonable time.

Linda - Managing Director said...

You will be fine.