我的快樂 會回來的

10/11/2005

Some tips about having great abs

1. Nutrition: Food is the most important factor. Control your blood sugar by having 5~6 meals per day, for example, egg white omelet with vegetables and oatmeal with blueberries; chicken with one-half cup of rice and a large salad with olive oil and vinegar, cottage cheese with fruit.
2. Ratios: low carbohydrate plan of less than 55% of calories from carbohydrate rule.
3. Timing: eat every 2~3 hr throughout the day.
4. Calories: maintenance calories: determine how much calories that you eat that will not change your weight. Calculate total calories, grams of protein, carbohydrates and fats.
5. Slight caloric deficit: Reduce your calories by 200 from your maintenance calories. During the first week you should lose 4-6 pounds of water, and 1.5 pounds per week after that. If you don't lose 1.5 pounds per week after that you should reduce calories by 100.
6. Consistency: Diet for 6 days and on the 7 day have pizza or ice cream and no more.
7. Weight training: 3-4 sessions/week, 35~1 hr. Burn 30~50 calories/day. Abdominal exercises to strengthen your upper and lower abdominal regions.
8. Cardiovascular exercise: moderate cardio 3-5 days/week. 30~40 minutes. Two out of three days with higher intensity level to accelerate fat loss. However, beginner should increase exercise level gradually.
If I stick to this plan, I should lose weight! So happy. It is all about finding a right way for my body. If I lose weight, I will have more energy and be prettier, and happier!

1 comment:

Linda - Managing Director said...

Saw you today at lunch time! She is at home so you can call when you have time. >_< But you have too many assignments...it's crazy. I can remember my undergraduate years...they were like a nightmare, but I am glad that my friends were there with me to help so it wasn't that bad.