我的快樂 會回來的

10/15/2005

Diet

Dieting is the hardest part of losing weight. I can never get on a diet and stay on it for long. People always tempt me with food: chocolate, biscuits, coffee, chips...Gosh, I will have to run extra hard in gym and swim extra laps in the pool to lose weight. It is so unfair, some people are naturally thin. Some people can eat anything and still stay in shape, but not me. I hope next time I will get a body like that. Thank you very much.
Read magazine about Posh spice being 39kg. >_< Mum reckons she is the person who lives in the First World country and is starving...like the children you see on the aid ads. She needs to eat fatty chips. She needs to fatten herself up, otherwise she will disappear from the photo or this Earth entirely! Yeah, these magazines always taking photos of fat people and thin people...who cares...
I guess this is just one of those phases when I suddenly get very conscious about how I look, then I will move onto something entirely different to focus on. I guess this comes with being a young woman, and it's only natural that we want to get on diets, lose weight, no matter how good we look already, or how thin we alreayd are. We are never satisfied with our weight, or our shape. When we are thin, we want to be thinner. When we are fat, we want to become thinner.
The world isn't like this before. Fat woman was once viewed as fertile and healthy, and essentially, beautiful in the old days. When did this image shift to stick figures? It has something to do with the movie screen, I suppose, because it makes people look fat no matter how thin you are. It streches your image sideways so you have to be very thin to look good on a movie/TV screen. Thus start the struggle of becoming thin and thinner. Poor us!
I will stop complaining now. Last night I went to practice cello with the orchestra for Sunday's concert. The boy who is sitting in front of me has lost his music so I borrow him my music to photocopy. Hopefully he will remember to bring them on Sunday, otherwise I may kill him. The consequence is that I may not have any music to play, and I don't know the music off by heart...Just pray to God that he will remember to bring them back.
Count bacteria today. Results still kind of weird and will have to improve them. The extension doesn't seem to be working very well.

No comments: