我的快樂 會回來的

9/26/2005

Okra, Around the World, and Dark Angel

This weekend I had the pleasure to listen to the contemparay music performance of Okra in Academy of Performing Arts in Waikato University. The concert is very different to your classical number with polished techniques of individual players and perfect harmony in an orchestra. Modern music can be as soothing as the sound of water, as out of this world as aliens floating as jellyfish in the sea, and as the wind that blows over the land of Aotearoa. This concert pays homeage to New Zealand music. Many pieces had been performed on the stage for the first time in the world. Beautiful, sad, and full of emotion, I thoroughly enjoyed this concert.
Drank coffee with Dark Angel and his friend Star Sky Pianist. We talked of non-sense and what we are going to do in the summer holiday.
Meanwhile, Dr.'s Around the World ball was on the other side of the Academy. Dancing, eating, drinking, people in kimono, sari, silk, turban, and flag of U.S. of A are all having fun. Looks like they are having the time of their life. I took a picture with Dr. in her purple dress. Breath-taking.
Drove to Hamilton Gardens to check how the season is affecting the flowers and shrubs. I took the names of some herbs that we may want to grow in our garden from the Edible Garden section. This place always reminds me of the Greenhouse in Harry Potter books. I love gardening!
The Baby Shower went well. My friend loves my presents. I am also enjoying my new watch. It has 5 butterflies! The face of the watch is pink, with silver butterfly, and band is purple with butterflies as decoration. Cool, huh?
Today is going slowly. I have met Star Sky Pianist outside of the music department. Dark Angel I saw yesterday after the baby shower. He has to study for his test on Wednesday.
I will sterilise PBS and get rid of the plates in university, then go back to work to grow bacteria. I will go to swim after work. Tonight will watch Johnny English. Looks like a very funny movie. Hope it is interesting.

No comments: