我的快樂 會回來的

2/08/2008

Radioactive materials

I've been cleaning up the radioactive lab with a bunch of people yesterday. It was hard work because the room was quite dirty, we had to sweep the floor, mopped it, and wiped all the surfaces. Kelly swabbed places that could be contaminated and we tried to read them on a scintallation meter, but the first one didn't print out the correct numbers, and the second one take different kind of tubes. We will have to go
back and read the samples again today.
Allan threw away most of his group's probes because they have used a lot of them in the past few years. We took the high level waste to the basement and put the bag in a large drum. We didn't bring the monitor with us yesterday, and there's a pile of rubbish on the ground. We will have to come back with the monitor, and get rid of the bags later into mediwaste if they don't have high level of radiation anymore.
People do Northern blog experiments in the radiation lab, and possibly also bind carbon and tritium to the tissues (carbon dating? I am not sure). People who have left AgResearch long ago still have probes lying around in the lab, and the half life of these materials are 5000 years so you can't really dispose them now.
I felt so tired when I get to Richard's place. I went shopping after work, it was fun. I tried to buy very healthy food and put groceries into the fridge after I've cooked dinner.
I went to a new battleground in world of warcraft yesterday. The most important thing is to stay alive and cause lots of damage, but I guess I am not very good at frostnovaing people and blink away, which I should have done, and also put on counterspell and mana shield. I am learning a lot, though. Warsong Gulch is actually quite similar to Arathi Basin, with its own lumber mill and farm. I have to work together with the people who I don't know, and that's hard. I don't know how to fight, so it's difficult to keep up with them. However, all the things I do in world of warcraft is learning. I just have to learn to be a better fire mage. I love battles because it's fast and I get an adrenalin rush out of it. It's frustrating to be low level when a lot of other people are level 49, but it's ok. Just expect to die a lot.
Richard said that Yodah had died more than 10000 times. Life is a bit cheap in the world of warcraft.

No comments: