我的快樂 會回來的

2/07/2008

Happy New Year

I spent a lot of time tidying up my room and the house with Fuzzy and mum. I tidied up all the drawers for the desk in my bedroom, and also tidy up my wardrobe. I have made a small mess on my office desk, but I can tidy it up today when I get home, or in the weekend. It will not be difficult.
I've been reading Rich Woman when I have time, and it is quite useful. I have made some calculation about how much money I spend in a month, and I have joined the KiwiSaver scheme. The worst scenario is that the investment company may not do a very good investment, and I will lose some money, but when I turn 65, I will have money in the bank. I will do my own investment and saving for myself, too. I will then have two lots of money when I retire. Richard and I have made a plan for retiring early, but that's if we make enough passive income in a few years time, and that means I will still be able to put money into my KiwiSaver account in IRD. I have to choose a KiwiSaver provider, and leaning towards choosing ING now. Steve said that he's also in ING, but he chose the one with lower fee. I am not sure who I want to choose yet, and maybe I will choose another one. I am looking at the large and reliable ones at the moment.
Mum cooked a lot of food for the reunion dinner. Richard and I watched Eat Drink Men Women in the afternoon, which is an exceptionally good movie. I planted some new flowers in the garden, and did some weeding.
We talked about what people do for Chinese New Year. You have to cut your hair or shave before the New Year. Send away the Stove God with candy. You have to cook fish, chicken, duck, meat, and make rice cake for the family. If the cake rises high, then you will have a good year. Richard looked up the custom, you have to open your doors and windows so luck will come in. Fuzzy said you can't tidy your house tomorrow otherwise luck will run out of your house. You are only allowed to sweep into your house! You have to wear new clothes, or red clothes for luck. We eat dumplings, cut mince on a board to scare away the Nian monster. We also let off fireworks to scare off the monster. What fun!
We get a long holiday for the New Year, and on the fifteenth day, there's a lantern festival. People go to the temple to see lanterns of every shape, colour and sizes. They meet and talk, and eat rice balls in soup, the same shape as the full moon.
I feel that this year is going to be a good year.
This morning dad said that I have lost a small black tip for the aerial of my gray car, but I have no idea that he put it on. Mum feels that he's a bit weird, too. However, he managed to find the black tip, so we are off the hook. He is going to superglue the tip on this time so it will not fall off.
Happy New Year, everybody.

No comments: