我的快樂 會回來的

2/11/2008

Summer party

Richard and I put up a summer party at Bevan and Hailie's place. He moved the foosball table out so the boys can have fun, and people played badminton. We had a pirate and summer theme, but not a lot of people came in theme. Bronwyn, Lin-yi, and Hester were good help, carrying plates in and out of the kitchen and tidying up. We were in happy party mood, talking with our friends and drinking lots of soft drinks and juice. Rachel and Nick brought their own red wines, and Cory was on his super hot red bike. I really like it. He said that it's a 1000c.c. bike, it must go very fast on the road.
Mike is living with his friends, Mike and his wife a few blocks away, and he's moving to Melville on Sunday. He ate a lot of vegetables. Hamish brought his cute dog Tessa with him. She's barking at all the strangers that came through the door. Naomi and her partner also showed up, I haven't seen her for a while. It must have been in Masters class.
Kelly and Mark looked at our Europe picture on Richard's computer. They really like them. I talked with Hester and Lin-yi. I didn't know that Lin-yi has a PhD. She's not so busy at Genesis, but I guess she has her busy days and not so busy days, just like my job. Hester is waiting for permanent residence to come through, fingers crossed for her application.
Adrian told us about his escapdes when he was in primary school, climbing over electrical fences and walking up the road. It was quite funny hearing how he returned because he was very hungry. He also talked about beautiful actresses that made Erin not so happy, but after all, they are celebrities and Erin doesn't really have to worry about Adrian running after them in real life!
Our pirate ship was not so big, but I had fun making it, painting it and gluing some parts together. Bevan helped me to glue the parts together while I was making a salad.
Richard cleaned up most of the mess afterwards, and Haylie was there to tidy up as well. Thank you, guys. I got there and heated up the old meat in the fridge for lunch. There's still salad to be eaten.
Richard and I had fun in World of Warcraft, making two characters in different factions and tried to learn the language. It was quite funny. Luke went to Tanaris and we took Annar with us questing. He was grounded for having a c in Civics and not doing enough chores.
Coke exploded in the fridge and we had a clean up. I made a pizza for Richard, and I think Bevan wants to eat it, but Haylie said no, it had chicken that's not free range on it! Poor Bevan. Oh, well, that's just the way it is.
I got up feeling sleepy, but it's time to get to work. I look forward to work today because I am doing something new. I want to learn new techniques.

No comments: