我的快樂 會回來的

7/17/2007

Let's pray that it will get better soon

The petrol tank is almost empty. Erik is not coming to work for a whole week for his back injury. We are still working hard in the lab over here. It rained last night, saturating the ground even more.
Fuzzyslowmo didn't discover that mum put peanut butter on her toast, so she put the peanut butter on the second one. She had to give mum the first piece. I dropped her off at Hillcrest Road university entrance today. Erik had already gotten to work to tell Carole that he's not coming to work for the rest of the week. I think I will go to the supermarket to buy some food to make him a sandwich at his place after work today. I will have to fill up my petrol tank as well.
Nothing much is happening at work even though I helped Ai and will be centrifuging today. The lab is still very quiet. I brought mum's recipes to work for Miel. He's enjoying reading the two volumes.
I hope that Japanese people will recover from the earthquake. It's quite serious. My friend Ai just got the news about the earthquake. Some Northland residents haven't got their power back on yet, and people in Hawke's Bay haven't been lucky, either. There's simply too much rain everywhere. The storm had hit the regions that are already saturated with water. We need some sunshine over here! We also need a break from the rain, frost, and general bad weather. Just hope that spring will turn up in time so we can recover from the harsh winter soon.
Fortunately, I haven't lost my mind and have all my wits together with me. Listening to Elva's Red Roses CD right now. She makes me feel happy.
I went grocery shopping and filled up petrol after work. Ai suggested that I make dinner for Erik tonight, but when I got to his place, he wasn't there. I hope he was getting dinner or drove back to Whangarei so his mum can take care of him. Poor Erik! I hope he gets better.
We had chicken soup tonight. It was so yummy! I am looking forward to some good days ahead because they should come after all the bad things that happened this week. Life, as I know it, comes with many dissapoints and occasional satisfication.

No comments: