我的快樂 會回來的

1/28/2005

If everything goes to plan...

This morning I thought I will be starting some bacteria work down in Lye Farm, but when I got there, another job landed in my lap. I spent the morning plating the milk samples from a trial and listened to the radio there.
The morning passed without too much things happening apart from taking the samples out of the tray, spreading the samples onto the agar plates aspetically, then repeat this motion again. I also had to label the plates, but I am too bored to mention it. I told my friend about this coming New Year celebration that we are throwing on the 6th of February. I hope he will come, but as it is Waitangi Day, no one is certain what they will do. It's like the National Day, but because it's the date when Maori signed the Treaty of Waitangi, it's not really an Independence Day. It's not the day democracy was born, but it was the day when European settler started to live in New Zealand. To us, it's a holiday when a lot of celebrations go on. People will go to meetings in Marae. The Prime Minister will make a speech in a Marae as well. It's a very political day for her.
But for us, we will be celebrating the Chinese New Year. This year we are putting on a good show. I am going to choir practices every Friday with a bunch of great singers. They are parents mainly, and I am the only one who is not married. Strange, but true. I am the only single singer in the choir. The kids will put on musical performances, sword dancing, and other programs. Every family who will be present will hopefully bring two plates of food, but single member only needs to bring one plate. We will have prize draws between the performances, and this year we will have dinner before the performances start.
My sister is going to a BBQ for her work today, and she will go to a sleep over tomorrow. She may come back on Sunday morning when I leave the house to prepare a lunch with my friend in Chartwell. This friend is inviting a girl from the church, who is flying back to China for the Chinese New Year. We will hold a lunch party with her and my friend's family. We will be making glutinous rice ball in salty soup. Normally, you have sweet glutinous rice ball dip in peanut powder. It's very tasty, but if you cook it in a salty soup with meat and vegetable, it's like a round noodle. I don't really like it, but maybe we will be make some very tasty ones so my impression of salty glutinous rice ball will change.
It's going to be great because on that day I will be able to see my friend's brother, who I have a crush with. We will be having lunch with their family and send our mutual friend. It's a great opportunity for me to know this guy a little bit more, and it's a good chance for him to see me. It's nice. I am going to break the horoscope spell: "You only want a immature relationship. You want him to take of you like a child." I am not going to do that. I am determined to have a mature adult relationship with this guy if he is willing to give it a try.

No comments: