我的快樂 會回來的

11/11/2004

Ignored few days in my life and get back into it

Work was of course, hectic, as usual. I had to edit the proposal over and over again to make it better. Everyone at work seems to be writing something, my supervisor is working with Mario on his paper. In the afternoon, I skived off to university and had lunch with Mai, A, and Abu. Diamond_storm was not there and couldn't get a straight answer out of anyone who were present about where she was. So she might have been in some kind of religious ceremony for Ramadan or in Auckland or doing experiment and not having lunch with her friends.

Dropped off my proposal, decided better of it, and got wind about my supervisor from university coming to work place. Ah! Made me very mad. But was looking at a real-time PCR machine getting installed. Apparently it was being fixed for some problem, but hope it was not substantial.

Because nearly finish my proposal, my supervisor at work decided to fix the ozone generator hose pipe for me. Cool! But she broke one component so had to glue it back together. Will have to wait until today morning, I put the component back on. Don't know the precise function of this part, maybe a membrane or a place for air to come in.

Yesterday I was going to practice cello, but after work, the electricity at home got cut off. Mum had prepared dinner, so the three of us took all of it to Tofushark's house. We also brought the DVDs to her house.

The DVD that we watched was The Hours. It was a great deep movie, but I couldn't say that I like it. It was very dark and sad. The music and the mood was pretty bleak.

Tofushark's boyfriend was also there, he is such a nice cool guy! He actually helped Tofushark to do her garden. Such nice boyfriend! Very considerate. He was even better than Tofushark's cousin, who never do garden work. Well, I am being judgemental again.

Talked to mum and Fuzzyslowmo for a while before going to sleep. Such nice evening outing. I like Tofushark's mum, she is very cool. Actually played a little bit of piano so the day was culturely fulfilled.

Today I spent the entire morning editing again, and went to unviersity to see my statistian professor from undergraduate to get approval for the research proposal. He gave me a hard time! Oh, well that's expected because I don't really know what I am doing just yet. Anyway, I think my work supervisor will sort things out with him at some stage. I made an appointment with him again for 11 a.m. tomorrow morning.

I think I might have to go to university right about now to see my university supervisor. Otherwise wouldn't know what to edit further. I am so tired of editing stuff, but have to finish it before Monday, the due date.

Everyone seems to be enjoying the summer, but it's going to rain soon. Hahahaha, it's great to rain, waiting for it to rain for ages. It's will help the grass to grow.

Hope wretch.com will quickly fix everything so people's photo albums will be up and running again.

Had been killing quite a lot of slugs and snails in the vegetable garden in the evening. Very disturbing, have put salt on the pumpkin, but am dreading that it may kill the plant as well. Just like my mentor said: Don't want to put some growth hormone on when it is unproven, and may kill the pumpkin seedling. Hmm...it's so unfair, but I am not going to put hormone on my pumpkin. I may just put more compost when December/January comes.

Guinea pig, as fuzzyslowmo said, is itching. Hmm...wonder what we should do to keep it clean. Perhaps a bath? Or put some salt on him as well? Too much salt. Stop thinking about salt now.

1 comment:

Jeanie Tseng said...

oh...guinea pig...I miss her so much!