我的快樂 會回來的

2/13/2008

Visit from friends

I haven't done enough exercise lately so I swam at work on Monday. The temperature is still high in the middle of the day and the cool water is refreshing.
I was a bit busy in the morning, and still trying to get people to sign my KiwiSaver identification. I managed to get Allan to sign my bank statement for proof of address, and finally sent the package off in the Dinsdale post office. The Justice of Peace in the city council took long lunch hours so he was no help for me. I had a lousy lunch in town, eating butter chicken that was unusually sweet and a burnt Naan bread by myself, feeling very lonely by myself. However, my day picked up after lunch because I actually had something interesting to do after I talked with my boss.
Mark and Jane came to our place with their parents. It's Jane's holiday for Lunar New Year, and a rare chance for their family to have a reunion. Mark is doing his honour year in Canberra university in chemistry. Canberra sounds like a nice place to be, and most of the time the town is deserted like Hamilton. People only gather together when there's a big event on. I told them a little bit about my Europe trip.
We started to make jokes.
Fuzzy is having her holiday. They are going to Coromandal today. Mum is not going to spend a lot of time cooking, just bringing left over pizza from last night.
Richard came to visit after a long work day and we hung out. Dad made a big speech about the Wangs and the Taiwanese community in general. He talked about how some kids don't study after high school and their parents tolerate that and give them money to live. He also talked about the difference between Chinese habits and Western habits. I think Chinese parents are a bit too soft on their children, if a person can't live their life in a financially independent situation, or even make his/her own living, then his/her life is wasted. I think that his/her parents are spoiling him/her. Why let this kind of thing go on? I can't never tolerate it. I believe a young child who is busy studying shouldn't do too much part-time work, but if the job is not going to affect their schooling then they can do it.

No comments: