我的快樂 會回來的

10/25/2007

Little Red Hat cookies

Mum packed cookies from cousin John's engagement present in my lunchbox since Richard is not coming to our place tonight. This brand of cookie is called "Little Red Hat", and the cookie collection included a cookie with red hat jam in the middle.
I went to work in the tissue culture lab with Frank in the morning yesterday. We started the proliferation assay. It will be ready on Friday. Just hope that the results will be similar to the last experiment.
The PCR screening went well and I cut out three bands for purification later. I took the other direction, anchoring with antisense primer this time and screen with sense primers yesterday afternoon. I will know the results after I run the gel this morning.
The weather was good and I took a stroll down to Richard's office. The 10,000 steps challenge started on mid-day. I am doing ok at the moment.
Richard and I spent lunchtime looking at train journeys. Switzerland and Austria both have good scenic train routes, and there's a good route from France to Italy, too. We ate Little Red Hat cookies together and got into fights for the custard square. It was yummy.
Richard didn't have much food left in the fridge so it was time to hit the supermarket. We filled up our car and bike in the pump first, then started grocery shopping. There were a lot of people in Pak'n Save, and plastic bags had ran out. We spent some time looking at warm socks for Europe but didn't buy any. I guess we will get some in the weekend.
Bevan had alreayd cooked dinner for Haylie when we got home. It was lucky that we got roast chicken. Richard made a cheesy salad, and we watched Shortland Street during dinner. Hunter brought his much older girlfriend to his sister's 16th birthday party, his mum hassled her so she started crying. A new nurse joined Shortland Street, but she looked like a private investigator. She was asking around about the male doctors and nurses. The police still hadn't caught the killer yet.
Richard played War of Warcraft for a while, and he showed me what his guild people talked about on the discussion board. Yodah left the guild, and everybody were saying goodbye. I like his dragon, and the world looks very beautiful.
I brought Europe by Train to work today. Hopefully I will get some time to read it. Better check whether the gel has set or not so I can start my experiment.

No comments: