我的快樂 會回來的

10/23/2007

Labour weekend

I have been given the opportunity to be a farmer for one day on Saturday, and driver in the evening. We covered long distance from Taranaki to Tauranga, and I couldn't stay awake listening to The Hobbit.
Richard and I drove down to Taranaki to dock sheep for his sister Stacey. The Hobbit was boring so I dozed off for most of the trip down. I was given the job to spray the sheep's wound after the tail was cut. Alan was in charge of cutting the tail. Dan and Richard were holding the sheep and drenching. Stacey put the rubber bands around the ball of male sheep and mark their ears. We managed to dock 187 sheep that day. Richard wants to go down and help next weekend.
I took the responsibility of driving up to Tauranga. We had lunch in a small cafe in Te Kuiti. I had a very delicious burger. I picked a pack of Bourbon and Coke, Richard got Smirnoff from the liquor shop. He took over the wheel when we got to Otumoetai.
Hamish lives on the top of the hill in Otumoetai. We drank and talked with Steve, Roy and Hamish. It was a boy's party. We played Xbox game, driving car and motorcycle on race tracks. It was awesome! By the time we started watching 300, I was drunk. The air bed was quite comfy.
Richard had an asthma attack in the evening and we went to the A&E after buying breakfast. He finally got better and I stopped worrying.
Nick and Rachel came to visit Bevan and Hailey. They were playing Buzz. I joined them for a while and played on PS2 when they went to play pool in town. Richard and I were shooting each other and shooting the computer in a war game.
We spent Sunday morning in the movie theatre watching Stardust. It's a fantasy and romantic comedy. There was a cute guy. There was a shinning star girl. There were three witches. There were seven evil princes. There was magic, pirates, and lightning. I like this movie. It's light hearted.
Richard and I played PS2 with Bevan and Rachel. One of us was a gorilla and the other was a lizard. Our objective was to punch the people and destroy everything. It was quite funny watching the buildings collapse.
The most meaningful game was probably Cashflow. I think it's a great game to learn about how to get rich in real life. We have to increase the amount of passive income and when it is more than our monthly expenses then we have reached our goal. I brought the balance sheet home so I can remind myself how good or how bad I am doing.
It was not cold or raining today, although there was a slight drizzle during lunchtime. We drove to River Road and stopped in a nice park to have lunch. There were some ducks swimming in the river.
Richard has to work late tonight. I will make him a simple dinner and visit him before I go home. I can read the recipes and think about what kind of ingredients I need to make pizza.

No comments: