我的快樂 會回來的

5/25/2005

Run through the game

Volleyball game has been a blast. This is an account of the evening just before the game until the end of the game:
Looking at the clock and the television. The 6 o'clock news is almost over. Must run. Pack up everything. Fill up water bottle, but right after putting keys into the ignition I discover that it's only 6:30p.m. Haha. Turns off the ignition and goes back into the house. Waiting. Wait some more. Joke to family.
7:30p.m. Feel it's time to go, but just mucked around a bit.
7:35p.m. Leave the house in a hurry. Drive like a fiend on the road until the car pulls into university car park. Whew...safe at last. Chat to friend who parked beside me for a bit. Enter gym around 7:45p.m.
7:45p.m. I thought the game will start but we are just practicing on the court. Pick up the pace. Put volleyball in the air and defend it with your life. Spike, serve, block. Okay, we are ready for the game.
The rest is history. It has been a long time since I last played, but at least this year I have practiced with my company's games twice now. We alternate with two girls on the court, serving and spiking, blocking and shattering the ball. It's a great game, even though we didn't win, we had a lot of fun.
8:00p.m. The game is over. We shake hands with the opponents. There is supposed to be a second game. However, after 5 minutes hanging around the court, we get told that they do not need an extra team to play twice now. Cool.
E's friend starts to tell a dirty joke, but because E is drooling like a dog, she is too shy to finish the story. Too bad. Haha. However, not knowing the joke makes it so much funnier and better than knowing the joke. It leaves you that infinitisimal space of imagination. Her joke goes like this:
A man is reading the newspaper, and he discovers an ad...
The rest you can imagine in your mind, and act out accordingly. This is so much fun. So funny! Actually more intriguing and funnier than a whole joke.
I must be off my rocket. Please forgive me.
And E's half joke about Pinochio discovering the fire is not as funny as his friend's joke, but we will forgive him. He is probably still drooling and panting like a rabid dog.
God forgive me for thinking about him and not driving carefully when I come to university today. I can't help it. He takes my breath away. In a funny way, in a pathetic way, and in a sad way. I will miss him so much. He is so good.

No comments: