我的快樂 會回來的

5/23/2005

The possibility is enormous

I walk down to Hamilton Gardens in hope that I will meet E there. I have wrote to E on Friday and hoping that he will reply to my e-mail, but he didn't. I am not expecting to see him because he always go away in the weekend, but still set out from home with four pieces of bread and two pieces of cheese in my bag.
I thoroughly enjoyed my walk to Hamilton Gardens, though I have not met E there. I am forty minutes late, but I doubt that matters. He wasn't there.
My house is inside a street adjoining to the state highway. Leaving my street, I have to cross a highway with considerable traffic, but I do it with flair. I carry an umbrella with me because it is threatening to rain. See two unknown native birds in the park close to my house. People have already started skate boarding in the park. Take no notice of them, I leave the park and take the track beside the highway towards Hamilton Garden.
There is not a lot of car on the highway in the morning. I cross the bridge and look across to the site where a car crashed into Waikato River not long before. There a lone board states: Aroha. With a white cross and red heart in the middle, it is the only visible sign to the tragedy. However, I cross the bridge without too much sadness as the weather is fine with some clouds and no rain.
The dew on the grass is refreshing. I continue my walk toward the grass, and eventually to the gate of Hamilton Gardens. Hamitlon Gardens starts on the other side of Cobham Bridge, and spans to Hillcrest.
First, you meet the bikers and the lovers who stroll in the garden in the morning. Second, you meet the Rose Garden, which is the main attraction of Hamilton Gardens. It's got all sorts of roses native and foreigh. It's an amazing sight in summer, and even now it is looking lovely. The gardeners take good care of the garden.
There are dahlia on the side of the path. Numerous plants decorate the path, including hebe, which we keep in our garden, and silver ghost.
Gate 2 car park is in sight. I slow to take in the people who are coming out of their cars. No sign of E. Golden leaves are falling from the tree, creating a world of wonder. It swirls with the wind in the air.
Crossing another bridge across the waterway, people are coming to the Teddy and Doll show. Children are holding their parents' hands.
I come to a stop at Gate 1 carpark, where I am supposed to meet E. There's still no sign of E. I sit and wait for ten minutes for him. People are streaming into the carpark, but there's still not sign of him.
I stand up and decide to enjoy the rest of the gardens on my own. It is a great feeling though a little bit lonely.
The paradise gardens are as good as before. However, there aren't a lot of flowers blooming right now. The water has been drained in the Indian Garden. Some flowers have been dugged up, leaving dark earth turned. Next year they will plant more flowers there. I am sure of it. English garden is in its glory, but there's not white flowers in the Pigeon Garden. Leaves keep dropping on my head, the Chinese garden is left alone. Not much has been done to maintain it. However, it is pretty minimalistic. The American Garden does not require too much attention, either. The pool is quiet, without the usual laughter of children. Italian Garden is still green, but it is so empty.
I walk back towards the rose garden and ponder on the possibility of building a garden of my own one day. It must have the elegance of Italian Garden, the grace of English Garden, the tranquility of Japanese Garden, the imagination of Indian Garden, and the wisdom of Chinese Garden. It has to have a cloud lake, a rose arch, a flower door, and lotus. It has to have plum, lily, bamboo, and chrysanthemum.

No comments: