我的快樂 會回來的

2/05/2005

Books from the library

Over the years, I have borrowed many books from the CityLibrary from Hamilton. It's a great place if you want to borrow fictions and non-fictions, but if you intend to borrow scientific magazines or books that are generally harder to read, then go to university libaray.
This week mum borrowed Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring in Chinese and The Return of the King. I think these books will a long time to read. However, because I haven't finished the English version, so I don't think I will be able to finish the Chinese version. Maybe if I am really bored, then I will be able to travel with the hobbits, elf, man, and drawf.
Some books have beautiful cover. I found a blue book with a little blue dress. I remember that there's a soldier who took Dr. Lin's book to a prisoner's camp in World War II. He had a lot of time on his hand, so the first few weeks, he enjoyed looking at the cover of the book. Then he open the book to the first page, enjoy that for several days. Then he starts reading the story, and immerse himself in the beautiful literary extravangaza until his release. If you have a lot of time on your hand, maybe you should follow the Australian soldier's footstep and enjoy books like he did.
Of course, we are blessed with peaceful time, but because everyone seems to be busy doing something, we lost the freedom to read without interuption.
This week I have borrowed two romantic stories, one short crime stories, the blue book, Rober Ludlum book, and a book by Malaysia author.
I discovered that I don't like to read the bookcover summary anymore. They spoil my mood for the story. Sometimes, I lost interest altogether and stop reading the book. Such a shame. So now I avoid reading the summary. Some are well written, so I don't mind reading them. Otherwise I just turn to the first page and start reading from there.
The weather is extremely well today, but after the exertion of walking with mum's library books, I don't want to do any more exercise anymore.

No comments: