我的快樂 會回來的

2/01/2005

Any given Sunday: nothing happened

Standing in a dark corner, I look on as the weekend unfolds before me. Maybe I will look back ten years from now and realise that I have been a big fool this weekend, but I don't care. I always live life to the fullest and never regret what I have done.
The weather is extremely well. I leave home with a heavy heart because truly, I am in unfamiliar territory. The first uncertain thing is that I don't know that if we will succeed or fail in making glutinous rice ball. Thank god that we had no problem in making the turnip cake! At least that's delicious. The second uncertain thing is that I don't know if my friend's brother is going to hate me or like me. I am pretty sure that he doesn't hate me, but I hope he likes me.
However, the day passed without too much hassle. I was worrying for no reason what so ever.
We started with the glutinous rice ball soup. I brought two chicken leg pieces and threw it into boiling water. Wash them with boiling water so there's no blood or dirty residues. I made a very clean salty soup from these. Nice and easy. S, the girl who is flying back to China, came late but nevertheless helped make the glutinous rice ball. She was very good at making the rice dough. Me and my friend's brother and S made small cute white balls on the table top. Of course, the brother had to make some weird funny shaped balls. He also stuck his head in the fridge because it was too hot. Hahahaha.
I fried the vegetable, tofu with soy bean sauce. Add a dash of salt and it is ready to eat.
Sweet glutinous rice ball is better than the salty ones, so I let my friend's brother make some for himself. We settled down to have our lunch, and talked and talked. It was a great afternoon. I found out a lot of my friends and her brother.
His mother doesn't want to take care of her grandchildren. She doesn't want to have anything to do with grandchildren, so I was not surprised when he informed me that he doesn't want children or marriage. Hahahahaha. What's that got to do with me? You are not even asking me out. Why are you telling me this? I don't know. I don't understand anyway. S told us that she is very good at making "cloud" dumpling. Cool. Next time she should make some so we can eat together.
After lunch, we had some ice cream and me and the brother went out for a stroll. S left without saying much because she was going to church.
General talking with K is fine. He told me that he wants to be a real estate agent after he graduate. That doesn't come as a big shock because he is taking a real estate agent course with his sister. They are going to take an examination for the license. It's a great profession! One of my friend is selling houses. He also asked me if I want to get married and have kids, etc. Yes to both questions. Why not? But that's down the track. I don't have a boyfriend yet. Why worry now? He also asked me when do I want to get married. Well, that's easy. I don't mind getting married tomorrow. I am totally ready, but is he ready? No. If anybody ready to marry me? No. It's not easy to ask anyone to get married, but once you are ready, then it's a simple matter of getting everything organised. To me, marriage is a simple thing. The life that comes after marriage is the hard part. To be together and solve the troubles in life is the fun part.
I stayed behind when my friend went to church with her mum. Made tea and I talked a little bit more with this guy. Sister was bored, so she came to swim with us. Guy's neighbour turned up. We all swam in a small pool. The kid's parents (neighbour) had to leave, and we left shortly after.
In the evening, my sister told me that her classmate probably went out with this guy before. They had a serious fall out and had both been burned by relationship. Anyway, I am not going to ask him about this. He is not asking me out, and I reckon that we can only be friends. When he is ready to committ, then he can choose one who is suitable for his taste, no matter who this girl is.
I don't care anymore. I will try to forget how good he is. Or how bad he is.

7 comments:

Joe said...

hey I see you are a taurus
do you mine me asking when
your birthday is?

Linda - Managing Director said...

28 of April

Jeanie Tseng said...

for real??

Jeanie Tseng said...

hey...the weirdest thing happened.
When I went to swim at your friend's house I got a mild crush on that guy you like as well!
He is very unfortunate in being such a target eh?

Linda - Managing Director said...

I think Will Shakespeare was also born on 28 April. A lot of famous people were born in April. Anyway...isn't that weird?

Linda - Managing Director said...

I think Will Shakespeare was also born on 28 April. A lot of famous people were born in April. Anyway...isn't that weird?

Linda - Managing Director said...

I think Will Shakespeare was also born on 28 April. A lot of famous people were born in April. Anyway...isn't that weird?