我的快樂 會回來的

12/22/2004

Laboratory party 2004 BBQ at supervisor's house (The Captain)

I went to university to show my supervisor the results in the morning, cleaned up Potassium dichromate waste from the spectrophotometer readings before. People were still cooking and baking for lunch party. Wow! They are a bunch of dedicated people.

I have discovered that my present sucks. Oh, no! But I mended things by sharing my present: the bubble kit, with the others. I hope that all the people were happy.

We talked before the BBQ was ready. Admired my supervisor's house and the decorations for a while. Caught up with one another and asked what one another are going to do for Christmas. L is staying home for the Christmas and she will go to her boyfriend's house for Christmas get-together party tomorrow. She will go home to her parents at Boxing Day. J just moved into the new house so she will not leave it, but will wait for her boyfriend to come back from Auckland. Didn't ask G about her Christmas, but will probably write the thesis up, then it's freedom after that! Ya! Good on her. S would probably be having a holiday because her doctorate will not finish this year. Still needs to do more experiments, I suppose. E will also write up, along with A, they would all complete their thesis and have some rest in the holiday.

I got the bubble experimenting kit aforementioned, L got my book, G got a pound cake and a car decoration, A got shavig cream and (candy?), C got elephants figurine, S got a globe, E got a bottle of strawberry champane. Our supervisor got two CDs from his fav singer, the technician got us a lot of hats that are warm, and we sent her a lily and a pot to put the lily in.

The girls borrowed Eye Toy and we played it for two hours on PS2. By the time we finished and go home, we were all tired out. We played Air Guitar, Prison Escape, Mr. Chef, Kung2, Kungfu, DJ, and drumming. It was so much fun! I wish that we will have another opportunity to get together. Work hard and play hard.

I have got to work early today, so hopefully will get some work done before today's work BBQ. Ah! So many parties to go to. I think I will definitely be sick of it after tomorrow.

No comments: