我的快樂 會回來的

11/24/2004

Work hard be4 the Illusive Old Man comes...

Yes, it's that time of the year again. I hate to say this, but why do all the people have to do all the work before Christmas? Does that generate more stress on workers? Yes, it does. I hope I am not stressing other people out, but apprently, everyone, it seems to me that everyone is stressing out about something. Is that because we are adults so we have to stress about some things? Or is it just me?

Present buying had practically finished since no boyfriend is in sight. Acutally, feeling quite cool because not having one means you do not have to think up a present for him! And actually, the thought of buying one, and the thought that he may not like the one you buy have left me! Ya! Singleton is the new word and it's not so bad! Not bad at all.

Talked with younger colleague today about marriage. Maybe it's good, maybe it's not so good. Depends on who you ask, I suppose. I'd like to get married in the future but not right now. Not ready for relationship, really. Not mature enough, although seems to be old outside does not mean inside is mature enough. Am too romantic and all the tests taken showed that 1. Need a prince who will always takes care of ones needs; 2. Am Harry Potter or some other magical character who apparently do not drop back to Earth at all.

Talked to supervisor because she is just weird lately. Always talking about other people getting a raise or NOT getting a raise. Very sad about NOT being the centre of attention so started asking about trains. Trains in England very cheap when she was studying in Reading. Hmm...personal thought: is this a safe subject or am I just plain dumb and can not see that she is agitated and always change the subject when I am talking? I said that some drivers are very bad, actually she thinks NZ drivers are not so good, either. Haha, that's what I thought. Well, who knows. Who knows who are worse. Maybe just some drivers are bad and when you are better than them then you will complain. People are like this at all things so make note to self that it's ok to blame things on other people. Sometimes, they really have done something bad. They are naughty and should not have done some things. Haha, why? Because you've made them look bad. Devilish? No, that's just the way it is.

Think about two blondes who are REAL devilish, dividing up my university supervisor right now. Don't know why men always fall for blondes. They are trying to get some money offers from the university as well. What? What? I can't believe them. They asked me about how I did in a sniffy little voice. I don't like them. They don't even come to my party. So what? I don't need your charity. I can do things myself, thank you very much. Am capable to do many things and don't need to depend on others. AM OK with organisation skills, maybe a little no-brainer, but actually quite smart.

Novel: no chapters now. I am thinking about quiting, but this novel has a nice built-up already. I just need the most exciting thing to happen, but since these days are filled with pizza and hungry mobs and filling tips of pipettes and people who comes into our office pretending to be busy... I am very disppointed in the crowd. I work very hard no matter what. That's my life. I love work, not an workaholic, but am hard-working, smart, thoughtful individual who write long senseless sentences in journal of life.

Well, am feeling very happy at the moment because some money may come through next week so can really do some Christmas shopping. First need to sort out mobile so can safe some money.

Nothing more to do. Just sleep. Feeling down about marks, but thought better not to ask the department to re-mark it. Or should I? I want an honor grade and am not going to let it slip through my hands again.

2 comments:

Jeanie Tseng said...

What! Blondes! Oh well...
No point feeling *miffed* about it. Maybe it's because you are independent and you don't need all that assurances by your superviser.

Linda - Managing Director said...

Yeah...but at the same time they are not getting paid like I do. so I have nothing to complain, really.