我的快樂 會回來的

11/22/2004

Shopping and Wrapping up Prizzis

Blog has became a weekly diary for me now...very bad. I don't know, it must be because Christmas is near, that I am very busy shopping for the people who are close to me.

I have thought up what to send mydove and have sent her the scarf. Hope she likes it! It's got so many colors! Maybe a bit too weird, but it's nice and warm for the cold winter in Taiwan. I have also sent Cod her book about the ship. It's in English, but it's first page has a nice illustrated ship that shows the names of each part of the ship, for example, the mast. It's a great book! I enjoyed it! I hope Cod likes it. The cover is cool, too.

I had bought mum a nice indoor skirt. It's very cosy and she can wear it when it's very hot (like now). The weather is very unpredictable at the moment, sometimes very hot and dry, and it rains when you least expecting it. Very strange weather pattern, and people keep blaming the La Nina but I don't think it is that.

I sent Fuzzyslowmo five fiction paperbacks. Hope she loves them and will spend some times during the summer months to read them. Hope her Christmas is not only filled with food and warm fuzzy feeling. She will become a fuzzy"lazy"mo if she does not read a little. Although I might have persuaded her to become a couch potato. >_< Why did I buy her books and not get her to do riverwalk with me instead?

Yesterday went to Mr. L and Mrs. Sixs' houses. They are both away and their garden need to be taken care of. I like gardening, but to do two in one day is a little bit too much. I am not used to doing two gardens in less than five hours. We only mow the lawns as Mr. L's trees are a little too big for us to handle. I don't mind small trees and can help saw them off, but the ones at his house are not easy to take care of because people who rent his house don't cut trees. They pay for people to come in to do their lawns. Mrs. Six's garden is much better looking, but her lawn is very long and narrow. I know all the garden enthusiasts will stand up and groan, but I don't care. Their garden is too big and it has no trees to speak of. The owner of the house plant vegetables in patches and didn't pull the dead veges up before she leaves! If that is a crime I am sure she will already be in Garden jail. Mum complained as well, saying that she is supposed to be very tidy. I think if she loves gardening and growing vegetables, then maybe she should have pulled some out before she leaves for the summer holiday. We are not slaves.

Enough whining. I think summer is generally good. My garden is great. We take care of it constantly and if there are some weed then we pull them out. Not immediately, but when we garden, we go for the whole nine yards. We have our own compost and plant small manageble plants instead of large unruly ones. I like gardening. Why shouldn't I? It's a nice way to enjoy the summer/winter and plants are quiet. Some are good enough to eat and some are nice to look at.

Generally speaking, my life is fulfiled. I have done quite a lot of exercise during the weekend and also cooked a corn and rice stew. It has ham in it as well, but because I added too much water, it was not sweet enough so had to add extra salt and pepper. Not very good, should improve on my cooking skills in the summer. There are always something to do. Too much to do in the summer, actually. Can only do some things. I am not a superwoman.

Wrapping up presents have became a major event in my family. Fuzzyslowmo is making a calender for next year, and on the Whitcoulls sale, she bought a dark booklet and have already done at least three to four months worth of next year's calender. Me, as a lazy working masters student, have bought 1 calender that goes for 1.5 years, an Index book for addresses and webpages, a cheap blank planner for the week (fill our the date and time of appointments if necessary), and started two paper dairys: one cream one for short important things and one for thoughts and things happened like a log. Great! Organised person. Shopped and happy.

Clothwise, I bought a white skirt only. Not a lot. Went with mum to salvation army to buy some working clothese. One already stained by some unknown yellow objects, suspected Curry. May have been the face cloth we put on pillows. Very evil object and should avoid any colorful face cloth in the future. Should use plain ones or ones with less dyes on them.

Experiment worked today! Ya! Results are out, not so great but as expected: all passed! Not very high pass but high enough for my standard. I mean it's not any different to my third year results. Amazing coincidence and decided to leave university immediately so will not be under scrutiny of girls in the same lab. However, feel a bit superior because will get paid work instead of doing non-paid job/masters thesis for supervisor. Is working very hard for the company and also university. University will get loyalty from my brain and they should be very happy that I can put so much knowledge and also give publicity about mastitis research in relation to the Biological Department. I may not be the brightest bottom, but I am as good as it gets! Here I come, Egandopamin, the engineer/scientist brainy woman! hahahahaha did I fool you?

2 comments:

Jeanie Tseng said...

Brightest bottom?!
Don't you mean fluorescent buttocks?
lol...
You should write "brightest button"!

Linda - Managing Director said...

Point taken. But that's funny right? All these miss-spelling is making me quite famous. Quite unfortunate like the orphans.