我的快樂 會回來的

6/24/2008

This world has gone mad

It's never been easy being a person who is aware that she is not the skinnest kid in the class. In fact, I have often been the fat kid, or the second fattest kid in the class. I didn't feel so bad about this in the beginning, in fact, I felt nothing. I remember a girl in my class told me: do you know why I don't like you? It's because you are fat. I understood the "I don't like you" part, but I didn't understand the "you are fat" part. Is it because I was braver then?
As I grow older, I become more and more aware about how out of place a fat person can be. There are the girls who giggles together when you walk into the room, and the boys won't talk to you because you are not pretty. You want to relax in the weekend and go shopping, but when you try a pair of pants in the shop, you can't get into it! You have to ask your friend to get you the next size because you have recently gained a bit of weight. The only choice left for you are black clothing because you look hedious in all the other colours. Your closet is full of the dreary colors: brown, gray, black! You can't afford to look like a woman anymore because you have curves.
No more shortbread, no more Scotch fingers, no more ice cream, and no more food for your comfort. Food is your enemy and you are supposed to go to bed hungry. When it's raining, you have to run around the block to get rid of the excess weight around your tummy. When it's sunny, you have to get rid of your double chin! You can't sit and relax and live your life anymore. It's all about what you look like, it's the most important thing in the world.
Yes, this world has gone mad. There's another species of people on the movie screen called actors and actresses. When I have to worry about something else in the world, such as work, what I have to do at home, I have forgotten that the food I ate had gone to my stomach and my thighs. I am guilty of being fat, and I am happy to say that I don't care.
By the way, K, you can have your custard square because why should we lose weight?

No comments: