我的快樂 會回來的

7/27/2007

Thank God it's Friday

Thank God it's Friday! This week is actually quite cruisy, and the weather is improving everyday.
I went to Quiz night last night. There were a lot of people attending. The questions were not so hard, and we came 11th. I got a Steinlager, but because it was so late in the evening, I brought the drink home.
It was mum's birthday and I sent her a wool blanket from Sussan. It's nice and soft. Fuzzy came home really late, and was still doing homework by the time I got home from Quiz.
The experiment I had to do today is the same as before, but last time I didn't get any product. I had to change the bacteria stock. Hopefully, it will give a higher yield than last time. Anything is better than nothing.
Erik printed out his report before lunchtime, and handed it in today. He had the due day extended to this Friday. However, his supervisor is overseas and who knows when he will come back and mark his report? It's all up in the air at the moment.
Erik, Kelly, Ai and I were labelling tubes, tinfoil, and casettes for the trial next week. Erik put on nice music for all of us and it's much nicer than silence. Vic will start a new trial and I am sure that some extra work will come up. Just have to fit everything and find time to complete experiments.
Leanne had built a house in Ruakaka. It's ten minutes from the beach, and a group of people will come and see her house this weekend. She is putting in a new garden, and the carpet is brown. Erik mentioned that the house is close to a nudist beach. Leanne went on to say that his father had been propositioned by gay men on the nudist beach, Erik said that he had the same experience. He also said that his brother Jey was chatted up by a guy in the cafe when he was skiing. It is a place where a lot of guys hang out, and a lot of couples meet on the slope, straight and gay both included. You are having lots of fun, and it must be quite romantic with the white stuff everywhere. It must be the snow that make people want to be close to each other.
Are we prude compared to our parents? Do we feel more uncomfortable in these situations? Or, are we more open than our parents? It is all in our minds. If you feel comfortable, then you can accept it, but if you are uncomfortable, then you won't be able to accept the situation. I believe that we are more open to the concept of homosexuality right now than before. My dad doesn't even like to discuss the subject, let along accept it. I have no qualms about it, and I think it is quite natrual. Does that mean I am more open? Or, maybe I am less prude? There's no right or wrong here. I had been taught to be open about this, and I think it applies to all the people who are different. The world is changing everyday, and if we can't look beyond ourselves and accept who we are, we are never going to become better.
I don't know what I will do this weekend. There are books to read, rooms to vacuum, and time to relax. I am looking forward to completing this experiment and starting my weekend.
I hope that the weather will improve further and sun will stay shining for the whole weekend. That's a wishful thinking. Relax, no matter how bad the weather is, I can always stay home and do nothing. That's what the weekend is for.

No comments: