我的快樂 會回來的

3/17/2005

Demonstrating biology lab

Today is the first time that I ever demonstrate a biology lab, and we did a dissection. The students are pretty good. Incidentally, my group consists of only girls. They are working very hard, only one girl lost all her prawn organs >_<. Poor girl. It's very hard for her to draw a graph.
I work with Megan and David. They are both good. The first thing is that we have to mark pre-lab. Some people have forgotten to do it, so I let them complete the pre-lab. Male prawns are easier to draw. They have sperm duct, vas deferens, gastic mill, heart and digestive gland. The female prawn is a bit more messy than the male. It has ovary, and that obstruct the gastric mill and the digestive gland.
The nerve system is complicated to label.
It takes a long time for everybody to finish, but they did it with flair. I also meet Mark in the lab. He is working very hard.
David said one of the annoying student didn't turn up. Students are easy going. Sometimes they have questions so we are there to help them. It's a good feeling that I have learned something so I can assist the professor in lab to teach these new students, show them the wonder of biology.
Next week we will dissect the sheep's heart. Hopefully no one will faint or feel sick. Heart has got a strong smell and quite red. I think I am just lucky that I don't feel queasy at the dissecting labs. It's a part of my life, I suppose. What can be worse? I have seen milking and slaughtering. These two are much worse than the dissection.
Talk to Ray about my project. He said he will give me some bugs to work with for the half life later. It's great! I am glad that he will help me. See Laura in the lab as well, she is freezing her samples.
Fuzzy forgot to take her mobile phone so I have to remember to give signals for mum and dad. I also have to remember to give Sigma Protocol back to city library because it's overdue. I may have to pay some fines for that as well. So naughty!
It's Dexcel's Fieldday today. A lot of farmers will be on Lye Farm. All my workmates are there showing the farmers around. I will do the double distilled water experiment again because I missed the time point in the morning.

No comments: