我的快樂 會回來的

1/01/2005

Hello 2005!

All my family had got out of bed very early this morning for we have to go to Hamilton lake to celebrate the New Year with our friends. The Sunshine Society organised a tramping trip for the people who did not travel to other countries this morning.

It was far too short a tramping trip, but it was great because all of us had fun. We started the year singing the national anthem, and raise the flag in front of the lake. We walked for 45 minutes from 9:30 a.m. to about 10:20 a.m. The lake walkway is a new infrastructure set up by the Hamilton City Council. Living in Hamilton is like living in heaven, but the houses around the lake made the experience less "nature". The houses made the lake more artificial. However, the ducks and the geese were all out on the calm water. The weather wasn't perfect, but it wasn't cold. We enjoyed a walk in the rain. As my Chinese teacher used to say, the lake is the prettiest when it's raining. I believe that she was right. The lake is the prettiest when it's raining. The reflections of us on the lake made the walk worth while.

We each got a bottle of water in the beginning and a small bread curtesy of the society.

Mum and dad quickly drove us home to prepare for the activities in the afternoon. Mr. W is leaving Hamilton, so all of our family went to his house to send him off. Fuzzy was Mr.W's youngest daughter's classmate and schoolmate. We talked, ate, and talke some more indoor because the weather didn't hold. The rain started pouring, but the BBQ and the other food were good.

The low point was probably when someone started collecting donations. It's not because it was not a good cause, it was because I didn't bring any money so had to take some from mum's wallet. So bad! And the woman wanted my address because she is going to give me a receipt. What receipt! I don't even want to give you money. Don't give me a receipt. I don't need a receipt.

Anyway, the kids (means us) played cards together. We played Snap, taught Tofushark's bf how to play Bridge, and played 99 together. We learned many things about people who we didn't know, and learn a lot more things about our friends we knew.

I found out how each keys on K's keychain work. That was a completely useless piece of information unless I become his girlfriend or a thief to his house, which is highly unlikely. I don't know what he is doing, but he is very weird. He has too much on his plate, I suppose. And he is far too pretty to be single. I believe that if he has a girlfriend then a lot of girls will be heartbroken, etc. You know what I mean.

I found that he wants to be treated as someone who is normal, so that's exactly what I do. I don't think he has been blessed with good looks; he's cursed by it. I hope he is going to be o.k. Just a little bit worried that he will not survive in the big bad world out there. He seems so fragile and young.

R is so funny. Don't know if he is trying to be funny or is real funny that way. Found out that either M or A (the guy wearing red shirt and has a cute small silver cellphone) is dad's computer teacher's grandson. Ah! So complicated, isn't it? Anyway, his mum is very good at singing and is in our choir. There you go. We are friends.

Overall today has been hectic and fun. I love 2005 already. Purpleskirt has already invited me to watch Phantom of Opera and we may get to go out for one day in Rotorua. Cool.

1 comment:

Jeanie Tseng said...

That was actually a good day eh?