我的快樂 會回來的

6/25/2018

Nephew's 5th birthday party

We went to my nephew's 5th birthday party this weekend. I had no idea what to get for the little boy so I asked my sister-in-law on Facebook messenger. She said that he has got plenty of Duplo, but would love to get some more Lego. I also asked her if he'd like some Lego men as these now come in separate sets. All of us went to the Warehouse since it has the largest selection of Lego to choose from. We settled with a box that has all the different colour bricks and also some wheels so my nephew can create his own Lego cars. He already has some Lego men from Ninjago and another set so he doesn't really need more men. We ended up getting this one. I've decided to blog a bit more in the future. I took my son on the bus today since my car keys are still missing. It was an adventure! I also had the chance to wait at the bus stop and look at some trees and flowers on the way to daycare. I was lucky that I saw my husband taking my daughter home. I was actually prepared this time, holding my daughter's small blue umbrella and waiting for her to come out. I hope the weather will clear up in the next few days, although there are still quite a lot of grey clouds in the sky at the moment. I guess it will not clear up until all the moisture are gone. The ground isn't saturated yet, but there are some surface flooding because the gutters are blocked by autumn leaves. I also managed to take some photos of the Three Sisters and the seashore on the way home. It was fun to be a tourist in one's own country some time. I managed to colour some pages during the weekend as well at my mother-in-law's place. We went to my husband's grandmother's grave and put some fresh flowers there. We lost her on 28 June 2017 and it is almost a year since she past. She has missed all the great grandchildren's birthdays, and all her grandchildren's birthdays, and her children's birthdays. We looked at some other gravestones in the graveyard as my husband has other relatives who were also buried in the same cemetery. It was interesting to look at these old gravestones. Some of them really need a clean up as moss have covered the names of the deceased. Some gravestones probably need to be fixed or another erected since they are so old. I also saw my new nephew who is only two weeks old. He's very cute, very milk drunk, and haven't opened his eyes while we visited. We will have other chances to see him in the future. I am really happy for my sister-in-law because they have been trying for a baby for so long and finally got a baby. I am happy that I've taken some nice photos on the trip so I can paint these scenes when I go to Arts for Health this week. I am always on the lookout for new inspirations. In fact, I have always wanted to paint the trip down to Taranaki but never got around to taking any photos on the trip before this one.

No comments: