我的快樂 會回來的

4/07/2005

The Wus and the dogfish

I have been running growth curve experiment all day yesterday. The experiment has exploded into a whole day one and I have virtually no time to rest in between time points. I have spent all the time diluting and drop plating. It was a crazy day. I have depleted the stash of peptone diluent in the fridge. Wonder what is going to happen if someone needs more peptone diluent today. They have to order some more.
Boss is living in UK at the moment. She will be back next week some time. I will have to write up the literature review over the weekend when I am away practicing cello. Wish that I will have some quiet time in the evening to read some papers so I can structure the review in my head.
Goes home and the Wu family have come to visit us. They will be living in Mr. Lee's empty house. Mrs. Wu has brought milk candy from Taiwan and they are very delicious. They don't stuck to your teeth, so that's a bonus.
Didn't do any work after five o'clock. Watch Lost in the evening.
Mrs. Wu is a colourful character. She works for an insurance company in Taipei. She is not a secretary, but she has to do all the things around the company. Her younger son is doing chemical engineering in a technical college close to the place we live, but he is not boarding as Taipei is more comfortable and convinent for him to live.
Her older son lives in Auckland and he works for a travel agency. He sells plane tickets. After he gets the citizenship, he may move back to Taiwan, but who knows what will happen? If Taiwan no longer exist, will he want to go back?
Dad will take them to Taupo, Mt. Ruapehu, and also go out to the sea on his yellow boat. They may fish a little out in the harbour as well. Wish the weather will hold this weekend.
The first year Thursday class has dissected the dogfish this morning. They have been foul. However, some students have very clear organ structures and it's easy for them to note down the details in their lab book, however, some students didn't get organisms that have clear features so it's difficult to distinguish the organs.
Mark asked me a chemistry question after the lab and I have spent some time solving it. An-chi came into the lab to ask if she can borrow the lab coat or not. I did and we will see each other in Extreme Edge.
Hope the rock climbing goes well. However, I will have to practice cello once I get home. So busy today. Too many things are happening at the same time, I have to keep up.

No comments: